Oct 18, 2009

Normal by Maria Roth

Another Poem for Audrey

Let me carry you, Baby Doll
Rest
Let me kiss your hair before it's all gone

I wish we could be normal again
Right now

Let me do this for you--
I'll take the medicines,
The needle-stings,
The pain
I'll wear the scary mask and hold very still so you don't have to

Give me the radiation!
Give me
the chemo!

I'll stay home while you go out and
Play wherever you want, with all the normal kids
Among the germs and viruses
Without hand sanitizer

Take my body to protect you
Take all of my blood
Whatever you need
Take my stomach
Give me your nausea and constipation
Take my strong legs
And run

If one of us must be sick, let it be me

Even when God says no
I'll still try to take it all away

Let me carry you, Baby Doll...Go here for the rest!




0 Whaddya Think?:

Check your page rank.

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

A sponsor:

Wondering how to get a website, but don't know how to code?
Need to be able to update your website but don't want to hire someone every time?
Looking to start earning $ online but don't know where to start?
Contact your local Web Designer in Tasmania
Working locally to achieve your global marketing goals.